Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Started Work....I hate this job

Well it's safe to say I will never be going into industry as a career.  I hate this internship so much.  I remember whining and complaining last summer about my research job and how I had to be away from home and E all summer, and how it was so hard blah blah blah....yeah, I'd give anything right now to be doing that job again.  And I totally could have, but this internship is paying about 5 times as much (not even kidding...I'm making almost $10,000 in 3 months.  I made $1,500 plus a free Macbook Pro last summer).

But that is seriously the only reason I'm doing this internship, because of the money.  It's not even in an area that I'm interested in; I'm obsessed with ecology and field research and saving sea turtles, and this internship is in bio engineering, which means I'm stuck behind a desk for 8/9 hours a day, sitting.  I'm on my third day and I'm already going absolutely crazy.

I need to get away.  Far away from everything, I feel so claustrophobic here. This morning when I was driving to work, all I could think about was taking my entire bottle of antidepressants, chasing it with some pills from my medicine cabinet, and washing it all down with a bottle of vodka.  I swear, I have the whole thing planned out, I just have to act on it.

I'm so tempted.

2 comments:

  1. Please, please, please don't do it; don't do it; don't do it. Do what YOU LOVE TO DO. Just do it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Money is not the most important thing. Your feelings rank so far above that.

    Love x x

    ReplyDelete