Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A little angel in Chemistry...

The TA for my chemistry lab is like me. She's ana. When I saw her, we just locked eyes and I gave her a sad smile.  We share a secret. She's tiny; barely over 5 feet tall, and her bones stick out of her figure, gently wrapped by thin layers of skin that barely conceal them.  I could see scars on the inside of her left arm, like mine. A ladder of delicate white lines. In our lab, we were weighing cookies, and I could see the steel determination in her eyes, reflecting my own, as the aroma of fresh chocolate chip cookies filled the small space.  We stayed strong, unknowingly helping each other along.

987 cals today. Not as low as I want (my daily goal has been 600 to 800 daily), but still under 1000.  I'm getting there again, I could see it in the mirror of my dance studio today.  I'm starting to look graceful again. I missed that.

I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment